Bureau Waardenburg; independent research, advice and design in the field of ecology, nature and landscape since 1979.
More than 125 employees perform over 800 projects annually in the Netherlands and abroad. Our ecologists, biologists, aquatic, marine specialists, botanists, ornithologists, animal ecologists, physical geographers and landscape architects are supported by specialists in landscape design, graphic design, statistics, spatial analysis, data management, programming and GIS.
Areas of expertise:
• Nature restoration
• Living shorelines
• Research and monitoring
• Impact assessments
• Environmental laws and regulations
• Innovative ecological measures
• Landscape design and management plans
• Information systems and statistics
• Underwater research
• Photography and filming (monitoring underwater and remote)
Unique Selling Points:
• The combination of strong ecosystem knowledge and extensive field experience ensures adequate and realistic advice and solutions.
• We are the oldest and largest independent ecological research and consultancy firm in the Netherlands and have a reputation of producing high quality products.
• We form a bridge between science and practice; we speak the language of practitioners with the knowledge of scientists.
• We have the ability to transform good ideas into working commercial concepts.
• We have a long innovative history relating to coastal protection and ecosystem restoration.
• We run an in-house laboratory department
Our clients are Dutch- and international organizations such as:
• National governments • Regional authorities
• Local authorities
• Private companies
• Water authorities
• Energy companies
• Project developers
• Wind farm developers
• Urban planners
• Nature conservation organizations
• Area managers